Navara & Ranger outfit on E-Bay

Anything and everything thing here
join a thread/start a thread
mjb666

Navara & Ranger outfit on E-Bay

July 2nd, 2016, 3:01 pm

I have been looking at the photo's of this and it seems mis-matched, a bit too rear heavy with the tailgate down it still seems to sit way to far back.

Would it have been built for a Single cab, i don't know much about Ranger.

I wonder if it was previously owned by a Forum Member?
2005 Mitsubishi L200 Single Cab 4x2
Unknown Demountable

keeflester

Re: Navara & Ranger outfit on E-Bay

July 2nd, 2016, 3:25 pm

Yes, that rig was built for a king cab or a Supercab.

Double cabs are very susceptible to being incorrectly loaded with almost any rig. If you can imagine the centre of mass of the rig it's clear to see that it's behind the rear axle. Trucks are meant to be loaded between the axles or else the chassis is subjected to forces and flexing it's not designed to resist. Ask any Navarra owner how that manifests in reality.
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

zildjian
Site Admin

Mikes Ranger

July 2nd, 2016, 7:05 pm

mjb666

July 2nd, 2016, 8:12 pm

Thanks Keith for you're comment's & observation's & to Mike for posting picture's of you're rig. Although i'm keen on upgrading my current outfit, i really would lke a North/South sleeping arrangement, without extending draw's & extra cushion within. I would like the extended luton offered by Northstar at Niche.

I will assume that it is ok for this De-Mountable to be fitted to either a Single cab or King cab but with the overhang it requires the tailgate to remain fitted, extra weight issues?

I do wonder if maybe this De-Mountable was purchased or taken in p/x and as an afterthought by the dealer, matched to a pick up he might want to shift. I do realise the D22 had bottom end issue's if not sorted, although this truck looks low mileage and well looked after. I would guess the Nissan might be worth £3 to £3 1/2k as a straight sale so making the Ranger a bit rich in value but maybe i'm just tight.

Onwards & upwards, i will keep looking?
Unknown Demountable

Alexd

July 3rd, 2016, 9:30 am

The overhang (if you call it that) doesn't look any more than many,
And had it been on a kingcab surely the sleeping pod would have been too far forward over windscreen wouldn't it.
No I think both of those campers are on about the right trucks myself.
Agree on the price though, that red nav' can't be worth. More than 2K surely (especially with their current chassis issues)

Que

July 3rd, 2016, 6:54 pm

Pretty much the same dimensions as our Apollo and fits the KingCab spot on. The clue I think is in the gap between the truck rear lights and the camper, there shouldn't be one. That gap reflects the extra space the bed of a Kingcab has over a double. The luton on ours is also pretty long and a north south bed feasible if the forward lockers are removed, although you wouldn't want to sit up too quickly without ducking a bit :-)
Nissan D40 KingCab
Apollo Demountable
Weston-Super-Mare

zildjian
Site Admin

July 3rd, 2016, 7:19 pm

Actually I've just been looking at that today, I think N/S is still do-able and i've made up a temporary fix to try it with the addition of an oblong foam that Poppi is busily sowing up a cover for right now
together with some new seat covers and assorted trim :mrgreen:

mjb666

July 4th, 2016, 7:34 pm

So if this was fitted to a Kingcab, maybe even my Navara, would you be able to fix it safely to the truck AND remove the tailgate?

Do Ranger state anywhere the exact dimensions of the actual De-Mountable tub, is that the right word, ie.between the wheel arches and front to back for the pick up bed? Also, what height of pick up cab before you would have to raise it up by putting something in the bed before loading it.

I know from personal experience just slight size differences when changing similar trucks but keeping the existing De-Mountable can cause fitting issue's. Mind you, they can be overcome, my old Mazda to my new Mitsubishi.
Unknown Demountable

keeflester

July 4th, 2016, 8:39 pm

The tailgate doesn't really add much support and the benefit of the weight-saving by removing it outweighs the limited gain. It's all about getting the weight as far forward as possible.
2003 Ford Ranger 2.5 TD 109 Supercab, sold to Simon
Tandy Pony, sold
Northstar 750, sold
K33F-built Penthouse Pee Pod, sold to Simon with the Ranger
Built the lozenge for my wee sister, its now finished and in regular use
Now converting a blue Tranny.

zildjian
Site Admin

July 4th, 2016, 8:53 pm

And if you haven't yet removed yours, try it and see just how differently truck behaves without that weight so far back
you'll be surprised